9.19.2013

Come play with me!

Some of you might have noticed the link on my sidebar to the creative workshop I'm teaching...
Handmade Recycled Journals on Tuesday, October 15th...




I'm here to tell you that time is running out...
I don't want you to miss it...
an evening of paper, glue, inspiration, collage, laughter and plenty of old books! 
































I'll lead you step by step through the process of taking an old discarded book and transforming it into your own personal art journal...to record your thoughts, words, musing and contemplations...all for the mere cost of $25!

The workshop is one of five in a series being offered by the Shoreline/Lake Forest Park Arts Council and will be held at the Shoreline Senior Center.  Get all the details here...or click the icon for the workshop on the right sidebar...

I'd love to see you there...and we'll have a ton of fun playing with old books...one of my favorite activities...next to playing with rusty metal...which there will probably be some of that at the workshop as well...you never know...

9 comments:

  1. wish your workshop was an online offering. let me know if you ever decide to do that! i'll sign up first on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alas...it is not an online offering yet...though you have me thinking...I'll keep you posted when/if I go that route...

      Delete
  2. did i know you lived in the seattle area? (i think i did, not sure . . . ) but i just googled shoreline washington and i see that you live very close to greenlake, which is where my friend lives. i visit here a couple of times per year. wish i could take your workshop. sounds great. have fun with it, and post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't live on the other side of the country I sure would be there. What a bargain! Like Barbara above, if you ever offer online courses (or come to Florida!) I will happily sign up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Christie - a possible Florida class somewhere down the pike is not out of the question...Florida is on the list of possible places we might be moving to...

      Delete
  4. Me too - I would love to come and play!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to come! I'm following you from central Kansas, however. An online experience would not be the same as face-to-face playing with old books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy you are so right...playing with books really needs to have in-person! but so glad you are following along nonetheless!

      Delete
  6. Wish I could get the hubs to slap me on a plane and take you up on the invite, I am positive your class will be amazing! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails