4.27.2013

Simplicity in threes

Three old growth fir boards...the patina is so lovely...I couldn't bear to paint them...
rather I added a layer of wax to highlight the grain and their well-worn look...




















Three vintage glass bottles...more oval than round...
























Three old-school broom clips...
























Three metal paper fasteners...from which I removed the flat metal sliders...to make them into label holders...























Add in three screws, some upholstery tacks and a couple of posies...
and you have three simple bottle vases...




































Each vase is complemented with its own description adjective...culled from a vintage dictionary so the brown, aged paper highlights the wooden board...












 
Three vases...to use inside or outside...to hold a fistful of flowers...

or a single bud...

And while all of this commotion is going on in the garden...one patient dog waits for his walk...
Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special...with a highlight on pets...
 

11 comments:

  1. Very fun....indeed! Now take your dog for a walk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I love this idea! I'll pin it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim...I was amazed to see how many people pinned/re-pinned this today!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Lovely! Blooms! Great idea...do you have any plans to put them in your Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christie - but they won't be in my etsy shop...they'll be at my booth at Farm Chicks!

      Delete
    2. Wish I could be there, but that will be just a little too far away!! :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice. I am especially taken with your cleverness in using those metal sliders as label holders. And of course the sweet pup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them, Amy!
    Michael @ re.Create Design Co.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy, I'm sure these will be grabbed up quickly. They are great, but I don't think I personally could leave them outside. I am sure they would look just as good inside! Thanks for sharing. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are right Emilou - they would love great inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your creations, Amy! And these are no exception...lovely!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails