4.25.2013

Like a kid in a candy shop...

Next to getting money in the mail, finding out that I won something ranks right up there for me...early this morning...checking my email before work (that day job that interferes with my creative process!)  I found out that I had won a gift certificate from French Kiss Collections ...

For those of you who aren't familiar with this fab site...its a grand place to get all sorts of inspiration for editing your photographs...since I  have become enamored with Photoshop Elements and discovering all the variations of what one can create, its been a glorious exploration of creative possibilities.  French Kiss Collections offers for sale a wide variety of premium vintage inspired textures, brushes and overlays to use with your Photoshop editing...most of it French-inspired (the designer, Leslie, lives in France with her French husband).

The drawing I won involved posting pictures either of your creative work space and/or you being creative...and winners were selected randomly - oh lucky day!

So before I scrambled off to work, I made my selections from the shop...it was tough but I finally whittled down my choices...and downloaded the files so I would be ready to play later in the day...

Here is my first image...a combination of old postcard, vintage bird etching and French postmarks...
























My second design used a photo I took last weekend of fresh tulips...editing in Elements with two grunge textures and an overlay of an old French sales receipt...






































I can tell that this is going to be quite a diversion from work at hand...
I encourage you to check it out...creativity loves company!

4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, Amy! I love Elements, too...I'll definitely have to check that site out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you at the Book arts reception at Schack last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - it was great to see you too - your book with the bones on it is incredible!

      Delete
  3. How fun. I was just browsing the internet looking for more bird image sources and found your post! Thank you for your link luv and I love what you have created! Leslie Nicole, French Kiss Collections.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails