9.28.2012

Synchronicity

Rummaging through the basement studio...for something entirely different but came upon a canvas I had prepped years ago with tissue paper and glue...and then the inspiration stopped...and the canvas was stuffed into a corner...

I took it upstairs and laid it down with a few other ideas for projects I was working on...the colors immediately came to life with a copy of my "bloom" photograph nearby...I had my inspiration...

The rest of the collage came together quickly once inspiration struck...
a page from a vintage garden manual, a bit of gray paint, a few embellishments...




this snippet from a french page was part of the debris on the worktable from the french lamps I am working on...
it seemed destined to be...just waiting to be glued in place...




























the patina of the old upholstery tacks gives an extra touch of texture...

And when it was finished, an antique wooden frame hanging from the rafters of my studio space finished it off nicely...everything came together at the right time...perfect synchronicity...

4 comments:

  1. Good stuff!! Always fun when everything falls into place...the idea...the elements...the courage to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy!
    i just spent about 2 hours surfing your blog. . . OMG you are a talented woman! i especially love the work you did in 2010 for the holiday season, the small collages on OJ lids were terrific. (i will be the featured artist at my gallery over the holiday season this year and besides making new assemblage work for this show, i am in a panic trying to come up with ideas of 'small'ish things' that i can make fast, make many and make affordable (under $10) so i can have something for everybody.)

    your collages on canvas are wonderful also. i am full of inspiration to get going to the studio this morning. love love love your work.

    i gather you live somewhere in washington state? close to seattle, maybe? i visit friends there often.

    ps: thank you for the encouraging words left on my blog yesterday. that project took a lot of focus from me over 7 or 8 weeks, and sometimes we need to hear words of understanding from people who know what it feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Don't you love it when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice piece, simple, yet there is alot going on. xox

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails