1.05.2012

Inside the box

Right before christmas I wrote about the long standing tradition I have with my friend Sue...the box we  trade back and forth each year, filled with treasures.  Now that the holidays are over and Sue has received her treasures, I thought I would share the contents here...






































Sue has started a small handcrafted greeting card enterprise...so the majority of the contents are ephemera she can use in her designs...ticket stubs, photo corners, small tags and vintage flower centers. 

I also included an ornament I made from an old christmas card Sue sent me in 1985...she was (and still is...but the loom is stored away now) an exceptional weaver back then and I, of course, kept this handcrafted card for many years.  I decided to turn it into a keepsake for her.  I love finding a use for those items that are abundant in supply at thrift stores...and embossed brass frames fits that category!  I usually have a stash of frames outside in my "rusting area" so that the patina is dulled and even a little rust may form.  I trimmed the card so that the weaving was centered in the frame and then added a backing of mat board.  I punched two holes in the mat board and threaded a length of ribbon through the holes before I slid the backing into place...I also glued her description from the original card onto the backing...


















I use this same mounting technique with several of my smaller art pieces - a great use for those brass frames and an easy way to hang artwork...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails