7.09.2011

Silverware lamp, version #2

My first silverware lamp was such a success, (read the posts about my first creation here and here) that I decided to create another version...this time more petite...
I alternated sugar spoons with dessert forks to encircle the wire frame.  I left most of the metal frame exposed since I liked the peeling white paint/rusted metal combo.  I used white seam binding to wrap the top of the frame once I had wired all the silverware in place.
This silverware lamp is part of the English tea garden vignette in my space at Faded Elegance...I've had such a great time making these silverware shades that I'm working on a couple of ideas for other mixed media lampshades...possibly involving brass metal stencils...I'll keep you posted...

I'm linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special...lots of great ideas...lots of inspiration...

9 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty! I love it! :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! Totally junkified in the very best of ways. :)

    Shared this on FJI Facebook for SNS 89. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150302965846141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both...and partial to the non-linear-ness of the first lamp. Great inspiration for some lampshade skeletons I have in my closet :-)
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!
    Thank you for sharing it with us~ Now I am on my way over to see the other ones you did :)

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you might like to view my 'thrift store' video - you've got a mention in it! Saw some silverware and thought of your lamp! Hope you'll have a look.
    Michael

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZDOaGJ14k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful shade! You do a very neat job, someday I'll try one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this shade! How creative... thanx so much for sharing! Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool idea for that lamp! I have this linked to my lamps & lights post too today, well done!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails