7.12.2011

I need your advice...

photo by calsidyrose



Earlier this year I signed up for a 5 day seminar sponsored by Angela Ritchie/Ace Camps...an intensive workshop with Pia Jane Bijkerk, an Australian photographer/stylist/artist/author, taking place in Vancouver BC.  Not only was I excited about the instructor and the smallness of the group (only 14 participants) but it was taking place in a beautiful city that I love and I could travel by train and be in Vancouver in 3 hours...

Alas, the best laid plans...unfortunately the workshop had to be cancelled...I am bummed...I wanted an artistic/inspirational experience to give me a little more motivation and maybe take my work in a new direction...

So I am asking for your input...





If you had 5 days and $1000,
what would you do to give yourself a motivational/inspirational kick in the seat of the pants? 
Ideally this sum of money would cover transportation, food, housing and anything else that would be needed during these 5 days...

I'm thinking that I'll send off something special to the person who submits the idea I like the best...
a framed digital print of my latest photo collage, "inspire"

























I'm putting a cut-off date of July 20 for comments...of course this is totally subjective...there is no right or wrong answer...it just needs to be inspired!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy
    I'd go to Vancouver anyway, maybe Victoria as well and visit as many museums and galleries as you can stand. Or ride the ferry to Vancouver island, rent a car and explore the little coastal towns north of Victoria. I love Emily Carr so I'm bias. There also is the annual luminary festival in Vancouver the end of July. info here http://publicdreams.org/event/illuminares_2010/
    Sounds like I'm planning my own trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Jenifer's idea above but with one addition.....take me :)
    I was going to suggest taking a road trip and driving off the beaten path. Stopping at roadside attractions and interesting places that you may normally drive right by. There's beauty in the ordinary!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenifer - love your idea about the luminary event - went to the site - it sounds fantastic - since its coming up soon, I'll have to put it on the calendar for next year - thanks for the info!

    and yes Jane, there is beauty in the ordinary!
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' your blog--found it while visiting "Obtainium Art". Added you to my circle on Etsy. The spinner photo in this entry is from my Flickr photostream (rotated and cropped here). Great use! Find me on Flickr by searching Calsidyrose.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails