12.03.2010

Shiny & Bright

Since I'm in a holiday decorating mode, thought I would share two more quick festive ideas...
First the Shiny...I picked up these star molds last summer at an estate sale sponsored by the Assistance League of Everett.

an aside - Assistance League of Everett sales are my favorite estate sales to attend...its a volunteer based non-profit that assists school children in need.  They have a thrift store in town and run estate sales- most of the members that I have met are elderly and/or retired women - I have enjoyed getting to know them and they have enjoyed seeing the various sundry parts I pick up and are always curious with what I'm going to make from all the junk I buy!

I thought right away that these stars would make great ornaments.  I punched a hole in the side with my metal hand punch (what a wonderful tool - thank you lisa & beth!) 















A little ribbon, one or two mother of pearl buttons and it's done...decided to go with a more minimalist feel.

And now the Bright...the tall columns of Mexican prayer candles are a classic...and so affordable.  I decided to give them some holiday bling. 















With a selection of patterned tissue paper, vintage wallpaper, old french text, a couple of transparencies of a clock photograph I took as well as ribbon, old keys, buttons and jewels, I went to work. 











I had a couple of vintage screw-back earrings that I wanted to use...I clipped off one end of the screw so I could remove it from the curved end.  Then I straightened out the bent metal end, ever so gently so it wouldn't break off. 

Now I had a jeweled bauble with a hole on the end so it could be strung on a ribbon - perfect!

The decorating themes with these candles are endless.  I like using candles throughout my house during the winter months- they give such a warm glow. 


Better get to a little holiday decorating around here...it will be Christmas soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love the embellished candles...great job! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely things. I need to get back to Snohomish and shop. Happy Jolly Winter.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails