12.06.2010

Art makes a wonderful gift

a view of my booth


















This past weekend was the Phinney Winter Festival - always one of my favorite art events!  There were so many wonderful artisans...here are just a few of many that caught my eye...

Patsy Design Studios shares my love of buttons...I was fascinated by all the configurations...
























You rock! paper goods had darling notecards...





















FCF Creations had touchable/textural felted purses...


























BeMused Creations had charming pendants using old watch face cases to profile an eclectic assemblage of gears, beads and findings.

















Even if you don't live in the Seattle area, there are artisans in your hometown who would love to show their work to you - a local art center or art supply store should be able to put you in touch.  Supporting local artists strengthens your community...and ensures that your gift will be one of a kind!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I so wish I had been able to see your booth at the Phinney Winterfest this weekend! I especially love your magnet boards & paperweights. I concur - art makes a wonderful gift. And those functional pieces easily catch my eye.

    I had a fantastic time at the event this weekend. I met the most lovely people - shoppers and artisans alike - and am pleased with my sales to boot. Had planned to arrive early for day 2 in order to shop beyond my own exhibitor room on the first floor, but it wasn't in the cards. I hope to get to show there again next year. It was a delight. Thanks too for your kind words! So nice to make local area connections with similarly motivated people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy what a GORGEOUS post....Well said my CLEVER SWEET Friend....Yes indeed....Supporting local artisans & small businesses beats the HECK out of schleping about the malls for cheap POORLY made CREP.... :o) !!

    I WISH I could have been there with you....!

    Now I wanna give you a BIG OLD Aussie hug to say THANK YOU for stopping by the party to help celebrate my 100th post....It woulnd't have felt like a proper party of you hadn't been there....!! I hope you had the opportunity to visit with a few new blogs.... :o)!

    Well Lovey I must away....You know I can't WAIT to come back & relax a spell with you soon....!

    Cheers for now from Oz,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! I'm delighted that you featured a couple of my felted purses on your blog today! The weekend was wonderful - and I'm excited to connect with you in January - you inspire me!
    With love and gratitude, Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a doll, inspiring others and sharing the good vibes. I am wishing I could have checked out Phinney this year, it's always been one that I would like to see.

    I admire how thorough and thoughtful you are on a continual basis! How do you find the time?!

    Hope all is well and wishing you a happy Tuesday!
    J

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails