12.12.2010

Christmas is for the birds...

I had a day of luxury on Friday...the house all to myself and no pressing projects nor urgent requests...I spent the day decorating for the holidays!
I'm not much of a traditionalist at holiday time...and if you know me, I relish using what I already have and making something grand out of it...I have to say so myself that I'm pleased with how my "tree" turned out.



















Decided to focus on a bird theme...gathered some bird art - John James Audubon, Sid Dickens, Wendy Lee Lynds and me.  Since most of my artificial tree is at Faded Elegance, I only had the bottom tier of branches that I didn't use at my space...I stuck these branches in a copper planter.  I then added dried poppy heads and three branches I trimmed from our birch tree in the front yard...I took the arrangement outside and gave it a mist of sparkle from the remaining hammered silver spray paint I used on the french side table.  Once inside, I completed the tree with miniature lights, pheasant feathers, a few vintage Shiny Brite ornaments and a couple of artistic flourishes...































At the base, I composed a little vignette.
With the tree completed, I was ready to tackle the rest of the house...

1 comment:

  1. Your tree turned out great. I wish I had all of that cool stuff just hanging around that could be pulled together. Please let me know when you're going to an estate sale. It would be fun to go some weekend.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails