11.27.2010

"Time" to celebrate


















Given my fascination with vintage clocks, I just had to design some clock ornaments this holiday season.  I gathered up several of my vintage clockfaces and scanned them with my printer/scanner.
I cut & pasted, rearranged & resized until I was satisfied with the layout.  I printed my layout onto a sheet of iron-on transfer paper - I've been using the Art-Wear transfer sheets from June Taylor, Inc.  I then cut out each individual clockface.
Following the directions for application, I ironed the transfer onto my fabric.  I decided to use fabric stretched across small embroidery hoop frames - some metal, others painted "graphite" with Valspar spray paint- as the foundation for my ornaments.  Before I ironed, I embellished some faces with rubber stamp images and distressed others with leftover coffee.
Once the transfer was complete, I stretched the fabric in the frame, clipped the excess fabric close to the edge on the back of the embroidery hoop and added a bead of glue all around the edge to prohibit fraying.  I added some flourish to each ornament by stitching clock hands, watch gears and beads onto the front of the ornament.  A backing of patterned wallpaper (to hide the stitching) and a combination of ribbons for hanging made my ornaments complete.
If you would like to create your own clock ornaments (or any other brilliant idea!), here is a copy of my sheet of clockfaces - best to click on picture to get a larger image for printing.  Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I have a fascination with vintage clocks too! Love your ornaments!! Thanks so much for sharing a copy of your sheet of clockfaces, I will definitely use these.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea, and thanks for clock faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up at WhisperWood Cottage, Amy! These ornaments are beautiful and clever!! Your feature post is up. Please grab a feature button for your sidebar if you like! :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the clocks. They are just awesome. Thank you so much for the template it is just wonderful. I just love clocks too. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails