11.10.2010

and so it begins...

















I have plunged into the holiday spirit...my dining room table is covered with fabric, paper, tissue, glue, varnish, wire, ribbon, etc, etc, etc.  As you may know, I am the queen of making something out of nothing...I was on the hunt for ornament ideas when I spied these metal orange juice can lids in my studio...they are silver, perfect for the color theme of "Clocks & Crowns".  I cut out circles from the leftover book pages I used to decoupage the top of the french side table I am working on...glued the circle to one side of the lid.  Tool Tip here - if you have any amount of circles to cut out, getting a Fiskars Circle Cutter is well worth the investment.  You can calibrate circle diameters from 1" to 8" - I find mine invaluable...in fact, I love all of the Fiskars tools I have!  From my sewing shears to my paper cutter, they are the definitive answer to all your cutting needs.

Still cogitating on what the rest of the ornament will entail but I'll keep you posted...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails