11.20.2010

The finish is in sight...

upcycled trophies are now celebration angels!






















I just about have everything completed for my holiday space at Faded Elegance.  To follow up on my initial holiday post,  and-so-it-begins, here are the completed ornaments that started with french text on orange can lids...
















The front was completed with a "noel" stamp that I hand-tinted, with a spot of glitter around the rim.  The back has one of three different images from my multi-media collages.  A little ribbon, a couple of metal buttons and that's it - ornament, gift tag, whatever you want.

And since I'm in the holiday decorating spirit, have to give a shout-out to Lezlee of Prior.  She had a post about using a goblet to make a stunning vignette...I told her that I would just have to steal this idea...here's my take on it...





















 I like that you can have two levels that relate...and I love turning something upside down to give it a new purpose (a salvage studio maxim!)











Thanks Lezlee for this great idea!  Next up...clock face ornaments...

4 comments:

  1. Way cool my dear! May have to borrow that idea myself! At least at home anyway. I'll have to drop by faded elegance and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy these are GORGEOUS....THANK YOU for sharing....You've put a BIG SMILE on this Aussie dial....!

    LOVE your creativity my Friend....!!

    Have a BRILLIANT week....!!

    Cheers from Oz,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am crazy for the garden goddesses! holy cow, they are gorgeous, gal! kudos to you. SELLSELLSELL!! and
    happy turkey day to you and yours, my dear. i'll scream at the beginning of the week for my marching orders for the weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy - I wish I had saved all those frozen juice cans from the kids were little. I had piles of them for years but didn't have any ideas. I wish I knew you then so I could have given them to you made ornaments with you.

    Have fun at Phinney Ridge. I have a show the same weekend on Whidbey.

    Here's wishing you and your family a wonderful and warm Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails