10.28.2014

in the moment

Last week I spent a couple of days at my sister's home...one last trip before the snow flies which makes travelling over the mountain pass less desirable...

Even though I have a million and one things to do, it was good to take a moment...
to ponder...to observe...to consider...to contemplate...

The drive is just about three hours...and after spending the first hour getting out of the mess of Seattle and all the surrounding suburbs, its a clear shot up and over the mountains and across the wheat fields and apple orchards...turning on the radio, there isn't great reception...just one country & western station...rather than turning it off, I left it on...one of the recent exercises in bestill52 is about changing up your routine...and though it was in reference to photography subjects, I thought this idea had merit in other ways as well...

I love the little things that my sister picks up for me...one perfect feather...a dried flower pod...
old photographs...vintage hair clips...instant inspiration...







































Throughout my visit...lots of eye candy photo ops...
just the simplest of compositions...changing up my routine a bit...







































Once home, the two little bottles I picked up...with the feather and dried flower bud...
and a few more of those precious old photos...







































Joining the group over at kim klassen's Texture Tuesday...
all of my photos were edited with kk texture - tuesday...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails