5.03.2012

little white boxes

It seems more than two weeks have passed since I had my afternoon with the Queen of Junk, Shelley Holm...I left off where I was scurrying home to finish up my trio of boxes, squealing with delight over the junk finds and the helpful tips I had acquired...

The original photo of inspiration from Pinterest was really only a jumping off point...the boxes I spied (and have since seen in the current issue of Country Living magazine as well) were made of wood with herb label stenciling on the front and a long black hook at the back of the box to hang it on the wall...I made my boxes out of white peely painted pickets...and then added a single section of old wire garden fencing to the back - ready to hang on the wall or add a vintage vibe if just sitting on a table...






































































Though I had fun styling the boxes in this spring vignette, I anticipate using them as part of my art booth,
holding notecards for display...






























To share a few details...here's a view of the corner construction...



















and a look at attaching the garden fencing to the back...poultry staples were perfect for this...
to see the initial construction steps, click here...





















Can't thank Shelley enough for her help...we're already trying to decide what to make next...
































Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special...always plenty of junk treasures there...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails