3.24.2012

Spur of the moment

Sometimes you have a lazy Saturday...sometimes you get a million things done...today lies someplace in between...

While trolling my usual blog list this morning, I spied inspiration from Funky Junk Interiors unique lighting post...
a lamp made from a wire trellis/tomato cage type item...it reminded me that I had three wire crab pots sitting outside in the rusting area of my backyard...




























I cleaned up one of the wire cages...



threaded a HEMMA light cord from IKEA through the top, screwed in an Edison light bulb...plugged it in and I was done!































It was the motivation I needed to change out my dining room vignette...



































I opted for a bird nest/spring feel...but always love having a good measure of rusted metal...
my new lamp provides plenty of that...



















































Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special...lots of inspiration - for one of kind lighting...and more...

But wait...if you think my project was easy...visit this fantastic link-up over at it all started with paint...
many more creative projects that will take no time at all and give you a sense of satisfaction...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails