3.26.2014

The Reveal

Since the end of January, I've been busy...absorbed...almost consumed...with turning my dark and dreary daylight basement into a new workshop studio...a separate space from my personal home studio...where I"ll be hosting art parties...creative classes open to the public...













If you've been following, you know that there have been glimpses and sneak peeks as I made my progress...with an armload of leftover lumber and a couple of cans of white paint...mixed with a little ingenuity and inspired recycling
I was determined to change the space from frump to fab...finally...the reveal...



























































































































































































As you enter the studio, there's a spot to greet you...and offer you food and drink...















































Shelves are stacked with old books, atlases, almanacs, musical scores, encyclopedias as well as art papers organized by color...all of it, collage fodder...














Supplies and tools line this wall...with a smattering of personal artwork...and a large size chalkboard...
ready for instantaneous exclamations...



My old worktable, refreshed with a coat of white paint, is now a work station...


























Next up...some of the details and upcycling tips...which you could easily use in your own space...

Excited now about my Art Parties...get all the info HERE...


sharing the junk love over at Knick of Time Vintage Inspiration party...and Funky Junk Interiors Party Junk...
what's not to love about vintage...and junk!
and finally...with Knick of Time Vintage Inspiration Party.and Funky Junk Interiors Party..where you share your best project of 2014...this is definitely it!

31 comments:

  1. what a terrific space.
    so much light!
    oh how i wish i lived closer, i would sign up for everyone of your Art Parties . . . they sound like they would be so much fun.
    post tons of pictures and have tons of fun.
    ps: did you ever post a picture of your quilt? i missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops! never mind about the quilt . . . it a question for someone else . . . my bad
      but it still would love to attend an art party.

      Delete
  2. Amy - it is WONDERFUL!! Oh I so wish I lived nearby..... I love how it reflects your art style. Our basement is unfinished...I'll be showing the hubby your fantastic art space : ) a girl can dream. Have fun with your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's bright, beautiful and functional. You did a great job on your empty basement space in making it work for you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your guests will enjoy creating there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring space to work in! I imagine many good things will be produced there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out fantastic, Amy! The wall with the chalkboard and all the storage units is wonderful and I love all your upcycled ideas. Hopefully you get lots of party guests.
    Have a lovely day!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did so good…. must be exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you did it all yourself and stayed true to your art by upcycling. It looks great and the perfect reflection of your art. Have fun! If I'm ever in the area I'll come find you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG ~ I love, love, love everything you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, I can't wait to see it in person. Super changes and it looks so like you touch! :-) Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with all of the previous comments. It is YOU. A great job and I am amazed at your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it looks great! You obviously threw your heart and soul into it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been watching it come along all Winter. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great space!! I love the wall with the chalkboard and how you utilized the space between the studs. You are going to host some wonderful art parties there!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy, this is so wonderful...such a great creative space! I love all of your personal touches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hot dammmmm! Your art parties are going to ROCK!!! Way to GO!!!! Shell

    ReplyDelete
  17. That basement was just begging for to take over, wasn't it? It's fabulous! The hard work has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow what a great space I love it, you will have so much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. You did an amazing job. I wish my work space was half as well organized. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy, so very, very happy for you. What a wonderful place to create. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a great transformation. I just saw this post on Knick of time Tuesday from last week....love it all!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great space! I'm going to pin much for my upcoming work space redo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great space! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness...its amazing!! This is a dream of mine too...enjoy every minute! I wish I was closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great transformation. Love the organization of it- the storage bits, that everything is functional and not cluttered up with kitch. A great working space.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A wonderful place to teach your art! Love all the details....everything is well thought out. Great job and very inspiring! - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great space, I would love to create there!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love what you did with your basement. I'd probably never leave, lol. Sharing the inspiration on my FB page this afternoon. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party Best of 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Most excellent, what a wonderful space you have put together to create in!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails