8.20.2013

The dirty dozen

edited with two layers of kk texture deardreamer2
linking up to texture tuesday




Last week I wrote about how inspiring it is to peek inside the work spaces of other creative souls...so I thought it was only fair to give you a peek inside of mine...but you have to remember that I have spent the past weekend at a local art show...not that my space would be any tidier if I had been at home...but its a good excuse!
 




So here are a dozen random shots of my office work space...
taken later in the day so the light is fading...and maybe makes the mess seem more...arty...




































I have three large bookcases in my office space...filled with books...and lots of other stuff...


















































I keep thinking that I'm going to do a great project with old embroidery hoops...you never know...






























The framed collage is a piece I made in college...using what was available as supplies to a starving student...magazines...the etched bird is from my high school art class...in between all of the math and science courses, I managed to squeeze in one year of art...






































The print in the back is a page from a catalog I kept while living in London...where "four corners design" was born...I always thought the saying was quite appropriate...





































































the boards above my desk...one galvanized metal, the other cork...

















































more mementos...the postcard of the building with the pillars...the hotel my sister and I stayed at when we visited Florence in 1993...when we stayed in the "special" room...






































my collection of black croquet balls...with an "8" ball thrown in for good luck...

Since I spend a good chunk of time in here,  it would seem that I would become oblivious to my surroundings...but looking around as I took these photographs, it is clear that their energy influences my work...as evidenced in the collage that I made from scraps on my table one day...






































And now, as promised...the winner of my giveaway...a signed author copy of Where Women Create Inspiration is

email me at amy_duncan@yahoo.com with your mail address Claudia so I can send this bundle of inspiration to you!

Thanks all for participating...
now I really do need to clean up...pics from the Fresh Paint art show coming up later this week...

29 comments:

  1. wonderful - I love that 2nd shot with the old books. So fun to see others workspace and compare it to the work they produce. Yours is a match : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your workspace! I could spend many hours just looking at all your interesting things. The space is like a work of art by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour I love all your treasures....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this peek inside your work space, Amy !
    Oh my, lovely collections, great treasures and memories !
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having a lot of books and all kinds of stuff :-)
    Nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just as I would suspect. Full of interesting, inspiring treasures. What fun. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the tour. The rogue 8-ball is so...you! Awesome college collage, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great tour. we do collect things don't we? i' really like to see another shot of the piece with the dominos and other game pieces, is that on your blog somewhere? from what i could see, it looks great. love the croquet balls, why only black?

    i just moved my studio from 400 sq ft to a space that is just under 150 sq ft. it was an overwhelming task to be sure. and although i am not yet loving my new space, i am enjoying being around other artists in the building and i have way better light. and although i am making it work, the hardest thing about all of this was that i had to get rid of a ton of stuff.

    even though i knew, that if i lived to be 200 years old, i would never use ALL the stuff i had collected, i agree with your statement when you said "it is clear that their energy influences my work". that is so true. i have been having a few 'uninspired' days in my new studio maybe i am still 'in mourning' over the loss of all the rest of my 'other stuff'. . . because, don't get me wrong, i still have a lot of "stuff".

    ps: seeing shots of your studio, got me to reflect on the reaction other people have when they visit my work space, they are mesmerized, thrilled and wowed. . . like little children in a candy or toy store.. . so i guess i have to say that my studio still has the 'magic' i need for it to have, it's just contained in a smaller space.

    thanks for the nudge, that's just what i needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tour of your beautiful and inspiring space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Barb - the space definitely inspires me!

      Delete
  9. Because part of my studio lives in my dining room (it's a long story), I tend to hide all my goodies. But I can see from your photos that having some of them out, in plain sight, can be inspiring. But where's the line between beauty and visual clutter? I guess it's subjective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh!Loved seeing your inspiring workspace. Actually, it should be called 'studio' because that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Dotti...actually I have a separate work studio in the basement, so this really is my office...and when all areas are overflowing, I take over the dining room table!

      Delete
  11. this is a beautiful space! love seeing all your bits & pieces. it's my dream to someday have a room in my home set aside for creating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kelly - I hope you get your room one day too!

      Delete
  12. I've thoroughly enjoyed your tour. It's always inspiring to see other creatives spaces. I'm organizing my chaos this summer. What a job while taking care of other life things that pop up daily.
    I love how you have gathered things into vessels of like objects. I've started doing that also as well as deciding what vessels hold what. I love the reference to our collected pieces have energy that influence our work ... that is so right on and now I have an actual line to use on my family when they even dare thinking of telling me I have too much 'junk'.
    Just last week and the week before two more gems came home with me. ... An old Underwood Noiseless Typewriter and the cutest Baby Brownie Camera.
    Now, ... to get my head around getting things done so I can make my thoughts become creations.
    Anyway thank you so much for sharing, ... and you have a lovely collection of wonderful things and artwork.
    Enjoy your Day!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok Joy...I am totally jealous of your recent finds of typewriter and camera - both sound awesome! and its not junk - its art!

      Delete
  13. Thanks for sharing all these nook and crannies in your space. Like you, I find these types of images so very inspiring. There is something about an artist's space that just oozes creativity. No matter what it looks like, there is a sense that this is where the magic happens. And your space is definitely magical!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A few minutes of quiet and peace in my house with the grandbaby and daughter visiting. I'm so glad to have spent it here with you. Thanks, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed the peak into your creative space!! All very inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of eye candy and inspiration in your space, Amy! Congrats to Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful space - Amy - love to see the inside out!! I can see why you create such wonderful things!! Cheers - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wyn - happy to share...always love to see other's spaces so thought it was only fair to share mine...

      Delete
  18. Amy, I absolutely love how you can take "junk" and turn it into fun, whimsical, creative art. You are talented beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sally...but it think its just years of honing those Girl Scout values of making do with little...and being prepared...that helps the talent along quite a bit!

      Delete
  19. Wjat a wonderful work space! I especially like the photo with all the birds and butterflies and eggs.

    Earl

    ReplyDelete
  20. what is it about looking at someone's studio that is so darn cool? of course your studio and so called "mess", looks awesome to me! i also really love the recent collage u made, my dtr arrived for a visit yesterday and when i went in to my little studio area i was scared it looked so messy! but it is what it is! aloha, angi in hana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angi- for some reason, everyone's junk always looks better than our own!

      Delete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails