8.08.2013

"The Botanist's Study"





A gardener...
     a tinkerer...
          an artist...
               a self-taught scientist...

working away in a shop/studio/shed 70 years ago...if you opened up a cabinet drawer, what you might find...








the story behind my latest art collage,
"The Botanist's Study"






































It started with the old journal and the vintage botanical print...






































and the story grew from there...pulling together found objects






































and vintage touches...
























...adding a wash of paint...and coffee grounds...with a measure of metal and rust...
























"The Botanist's Study" will be part of my collection of collages for sale next weekend at
Fresh Paint, a Festival of Artists at Work...hope to see you there...

10 comments:

  1. You're right...I do like this.Fantastic piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amy, what a beautiful and thoughful piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amy, this piece tells a wonderful story, indeed.

    i was so taken by the 'details' of the piece that i failed to see it was an actual drawer! i went back again to look at the crackled paint on the sides, and i realized it was a drawer.
    beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a awesome piece! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. New Follower!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just gorgeous and creative - love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wyn - this was a great project to work on...

      Delete
  7. It's a gorgeous creation, Amy! I love the mixture of vintage objects and nature finds and the wonderful chippiness of the drawer.
    You had commented on my blog regarding the eye chart with my blogname. I've just sent you an email with your personal eye chart attached. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails