6.21.2013

This I believe...

I'm into the second year of my creative on-line class with Kim Klassen, Beyond beyond...its an opportunity to meld photography with art... with words... with inspiration...

This week's assignment had us create our own manifesto...as defined by Merriam-Webster: A written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives or views of its issuer.  I'm sure a few of you are familiar with the Holstee Manifesto...its been making its rounds on the internet and I wrote about it here...


























I put my thinking cap on...and created my own manifesto...it didn't take as long as I thought it would...mostly because I had started this discussion with family members a number of years ago...The Southern Man's youngest daughter was visiting for the summer...we were watching one of the first seasons of The Amazing Race...one team of two young women hopped into their vehicle to take off...and neither one of them knew how to drive stick-shift!  I looked at the daughter and told her in no uncertain terms, she should learn to drive stick...you don't want to be left behind...

Over the years there's been other declarations made...
always have a current passport...
use the good china every day...

Here it is...what I believe...






































Do you have a personal manifesto?  care to share?

20 comments:

  1. I looked...and sure enough...there it was...learn how to use a stick shift! Something I've told my daughters they needed to learn...but haven't!!! Great manifesto by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with David - a great manifesto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about your manifesto!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent!! I love all of these, especially learning to drive stick-shift (which was required by driver's ed when I was in school). Using the good china every day is my fave...and we use the china often. Thank you so much for sharing yours! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Beverly - and I'm so glad to hear that you use the good china often!

      Delete
  5. I love this. You've got me thinking...again. I like every single one of them. I must start writing my own. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to teach all of my kids how to drive a stick but there is only one really old smelly truck on the farm that is a standard transmission that we have access to. But, hopefully, someday I can teach them. I don't have a personal manifesto. Might have to think about one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I have to admit I did learn to drive stick-shift and haven't really done it since, not entirely sure I could anymore...so maybe you need to practice it too. :) Still working on my manifesto, thank you for sharing yours. Fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful words to wake up to this morning - I have had my head stuck in a computer doing tender documents - although I love what I do on that side of the fence - this is sooooo refreshing - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Wyn - glad I could offer a change of pace for you!

      Delete
  9. hi Amy...love your manifesto! Such a wonderful creative assignment this week. Just be...is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great manifesto, Amy, and really something to live by. I learned to drive stick-shift (we call it manual in Australia) and did so for many years, but now that I've reached quite an old age I've reverted to automatic. I like the part about having friends 20 years younger and older. I have quite a lot of the younger ones but these days I don't really have any friends left who are 20 years older than I am. They'd have to be 90+. Hmmm... That gives me pause for thought!
    May I take your manifesto for my own, please? I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your manifesto too, as well as your blog header - lovely. I learned to drive stick shift - we all did in the UK 40 years ago and I am glad to say am happy driving both stick shift and automatic, really important, as well as on either side of the road when we're travelling in foreign countries. Your manifesto has inspired me to write mine now, something I've meaning to do for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have to say that I haven't had occasion yet to drive on the opposite side of the road - but that's a good skill to have too! so glad that I've inspired you to write your own manifesto!

      Delete
  12. Hi Amy, you are amazing and so is your manifesto. I too think Please and Thank You are the three best words in the English language. Such good food for thought. Thanks for sharing. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done love all the text work.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails