4.17.2012

Message on a bottle...

In my Beyond Layers class, yesterday's exercise talked about taking care of ones self...taking the time/effort/thought to nurture yourself and thus your creativity.  I'm pretty good at this...but occasionally I fall into the rut as well as anyone else of putting other needs/demands/wants first.

This thought has been on my mind, so when I got out of the shower this morning, I decided to indulge myself with the scrumptious lotion that my art friend Kate just gave to me...I know this seems trivial...but I often "save" the expensive lotion...and on my work/art/studio/household days, I just use whatever lotion I bought at the grocery store...but today I splurged...and as I looked at the bottle...the message couldn't be more apt...






































I also took the time to process my image with a couple of the techniques I've learned in the Beyond Layers class (framing and editing with kk texture "letgo")...so it was a learning experience two-fold...

What do you do to nurture your creative soul...

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! It's nice to splurge once in a while.

    Taking the ferry across to Vancouver, visiting with my art friend Sue, going to the galleries with her, and the ferry ride back to the island is a day of creative soul nurturing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder to take some time for myself! Glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing the "messages" we get when we actually take the time to notice? :) A terrific post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this lotion. I picked it out just for the message, but it smells heavenly too! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a lovely sentiment..and love how you played with the photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is it so hard for us to "use the good stuff"? I have a delicious jar of key lime sugar scrub from one of my daughters, and I admire the packaging every time I hop into the shower with my $1.99 bottle of Trader Joe's citrus gel. What on earth are we waiting for? So happy you used your Philosophy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy! Thanks for the nice comment on our post. Like yours today as well! xo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails