4.07.2011

The Viewing
















With the weather being so dismal lately, garage/yard/estate sales have been hard to find.  Last weekend there was an ad for an estate sale in a small town out in the boonies about 20 miles from my house - when I read "house and barn full of stuff", my heart beat faster...when I read it was sponsored by the Assistance League of Everett, it sealed the deal!

an aside - I've mentioned it before, but it bears a repeat shout-out - I love the Assistance League of Everett - it is a volunteer group of great women (with an occasional man/muscle helper) who run estate sales and a thrift store to raise funds for local school children needs.  I always find something of interest and I love supporting a community based organization.

I wasn't able to get out to the sale on the first day but on the second day, everything was half-price so that was sweet.  Not so sweet was the mud...since it was way out in the country, it was a dirt road and driveway...and since it has been raining non-stop, I was up to my ankles in mud before I reached the house.  Thank god I have a Subaru Outback otherwise I would never have made it out of the field where you had to park!

It was slim pickin's but found a few items of interest...
























































































Hoping for better weather this coming weekend...
and more great finds!

April 8 Update:  my photo is being featured today on Kim Klassen's Inspiration Studio blog, as part of the Everyday Gifts theme - check it out - as well as all the other inspirational entries!  http://www.theinspiration-studio.com/2011/04/weekend-gifts.html

4 comments:

  1. I buy all embroider hoops I find but am really happy when it's the metal ones. I helped at our church's garage sale about a month ago and some lady spied the metal hoops before me and bought them all. She was going to use them as intended though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made even "slim pickins" divine!! love the crops you created on these photos~

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails