8.08.2010

just one more thing...

a local kitty comfortable
among the yard sale offerings
Wanted to share some of my shopping success while in Yakima for my mini-vacation.  Love poking around in Yakima - everybody is always looking for something different and when you change locations, you get a different mixture of castoffs/ buried treasures/ fodder for inspiration! 

Went to a farm sale - "moving off the farm, everything has to go"  These kind of sales are the best since there promises to be lots of rust and metal - two of my favorite items.  Also went to the local Re-Store and found more stray house numbers for my clock collage.  A photo of my finds...I'm thinking of making a chandelier from the metal bike wheel frames...





















After shopping the local thrift stores, we wandered into this shop in downtown Yakima - Garden Dance.  They had the most beautiful displays with quirky vintage finds mixed in with the simple chic clothing. 













That's the end of my mini-vacation...now I need to get busy preparing for Fresh Paint!

3 comments:

  1. I have stumbled onto your blog, via beth's site. Lovely and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the rust and vintage looking stuff. Next time you need a barn sale partner, call me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tammi - you're on! and aren't there interesting sales over on the island...!
    amy

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails