4.28.2015

Just one thing

A recent lesson in bestill52, my online creative class with kim klassen, was to take one thing and see how many different ways you could photograph it.  At first, nothing came to mind to really motivate me to do a series...

but this past weekend...as I was cleaning up the garden bouquet that was now withered and dying, this one tulip caught my eye...and persuaded me to play...

Different settings, changing light, varied filters and editing...it was a good exercise in seeing how a mood or a feeling could change with the slightest adjustments...







































and while we're talking about one more thing...
Early Bird registration for Art Party Portland ends May 1
for details, information and registration, click here

joining the group over at kim klassen's for texture tuesday...
used kk textures enlightened and monday in my editing work of the tulips...

18 comments:

  1. Amy I adore your header collage with soft pale yellow and the botanical theme. Beautiful. The tulip series is stunning. Your artistic sills rendered athe softness and moodiness that makes each one special. Love the light in the top left and the vintage pieces in the others! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Amy, always a joy to visit your blog & Instagram too.
    1 tulip x 4 is exquisite, perfect! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the tulip inspired you Amy ! Your photos are all wonderful :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each of the four tulip vignettes, Amy. You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they all work for me! And the props with each one are so perfect with the way you decided to edit. Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful photos...I especially like the bottom right one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great series. Each set of props and composition tell a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've created such a beautiful series with this little guy. all in your signature style that i just love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, the images are terrific. very inspiring.
    hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images...quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Total success with this project! I saw your work at the Schack Art Center. Exciting assemblages! Congratulations! I might see you there because I am a docent for the field trips. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy - even when you have no ideas - you do amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All four ways are beautiful! I bet you are getting so excited for your art gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Beverly . . . love the creativity of your banner. I keep looking and finding another little hidden element . . . the interplay of color and shape and space is one of my favorite endeavors. Great to see how working with the constraint of one thing unleashed your creative spirit. Your finished collage would make beautiful wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful...your photography always inspires me...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your blog there's a lot to share. Keep it up.Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails