4.18.2014

Eureka strikes again!



A couple of months ago I wrote about the anticipation of spring...and shared my "eureka moment" of putting a rusty mattress spring on top of a jar to give support for blooming tulips...

Anticipation waned as the bulbs shot up their green sprouts...and then withered to brown.  For those of you who know me...I don't have a green thumb...try as I might, I have a hard time getting green stuff to grow...except moss...easy since I live in the Pacific NW...

I finally had to give it up...threw the tulip bulbs in the back of the garden and washed out the jar...and then...eureka again!









































The rusty spring is the perfect flower support...with just a few stems, it holds the bouquet upright...







































Stems can be any length since the winding of the spring offers support from high to low...which was ideal since I have just the beginnings of blooms in the garden, many of them with short stems...














Joining the group over at Kim Klassen's Friday Finds...

and Funky Junk Interiors Salvaged Junk Party...

and wishing all of you a happy easter weekend!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails