2.12.2014

those "aha" moments

painting between the studs in the workshop studio...one of the openings filled with nail ends...

I spy a splattered paint board...the width of the board fills the space perfectly...

trim the length of the board down to size...nail on 8 paint can lids (been saving can lids from work for another art project idea...) the texture of the dried paint is astounding...





















Instant message board...
and over to the right, you can see where I'm painting the chalkboard...







































Paint can lids are steel...add a magnet...violá!







































I love those eureka moments...








































linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Junk Party...where you just might get an "aha" moment of your own...

21 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how much fun you're having creating your new space. Wish I lived closer to join the creative parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea, Amy...I'm going to be on the hunt for lids! Wish I lived close enough to come to one of your workshops!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea, Amy!!! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it too Much- Spectacular Idea!! Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea!!!! And it looks fantastic.
    Always wanted a cool message board for my studio and do it by reusing materials if I can... Have a ton of paint cans waiting to be taken away (enviro centre), lot are from the past owners and a few from us, so have to check out and see if the lids can be used... Would you mind if one kind of copy your fabulous idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course I don't mind if you copy my idea! that's the whole point of sharing as far as I'm concerned! And I would love to see what you come up with so feel free to send me a pic when you complete your message board for your studio...

      Delete
  6. You are so clever! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea….looks great in your space!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this idea - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea--very clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Def Eureka - very clever and wonderful texture contrast with rest of wall

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! Pinned them, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this!! I am sharing it on my facebook page today :) Thanks for lining up!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails