5.21.2013

Reborn

Left for scrap in a corner of the junk yard...I could see the potential...






































Peeling black paint...a warped plywood top...but there was something there...








I took it home...stripped off the paint...
shined up the chrome...decided to let the natural patina of the steel show its true colors...
































Gave it a new solid wood top...
whitewashed the wood...













finished the edge with vintage surveyor's tape... 





























Ready for its trip to The Farm Chicks show...ready to give a bright idea to someone else that this is the perfect desk for their home...

10 comments:

  1. Be still my heart...that will fly out the door! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful "cleanup"! Someone is going to get a real treasure-well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful. If I lived close by I would love to buy this for my desk. I also love the light bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim...and I love my old light bulbs too!

      Delete
  4. Another wonderful creation! And the light bulbs are terrific! What I wouldn't give to be able to visit your show. You should do very well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always good to hear from you Christie...I'm hoping the show goes well too!

      Delete
  5. Just wonderful - wish you were closer - love the light bulb moment as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wyn...yes, I imagine that it would be quite a distance for you to travel!

      Delete
  6. what a beautiful piece, wonderfully restored!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails