3.15.2013

A pop of yellow...

Earlier this week, I had the most pleasant surprise...while doing garden clean-up, I came across two small pots of daffodils that I bought last year...about this same time...needing a boost of spring color...

After they were done blooming, I just threw them into the back of the garden (ok...if you haven't guessed it by now, gardening is not my forte...)  Amazingly, they not only survived...but were blooming...so I pulled the pots out of the debris, brought them inside and planted them into one of my square battery glass jars...with the sun actually shining on them this morning, it was a bit of a hallelujah moment!






































Also this week, I was reminded of one of my favorite quotes and what good advice it offers...

As part of my assignment in Beyondbeyond (my year-long photography/creativity class led by kim klassen) I decided to use this quote...and add another pop of yellow...































Thoreau is one of my favorite writers...I admire his willingness to strike out on his own to test his resolve and the strength of his convictions...

I remember many years ago, visiting an artisan studio and thinking how wonderful it would be to have a place, both physically and mentally, where one could be creative each and every day...it was the life I imagined...

Well, I had another hallelujah moment this week...though it has taken some time...and its not always perfect...and not exactly how I pictured it...I do have the life I had imagined so many years ago...a place to create every day...























Are you going in the direction of your dreams? 

Are you living the life you've imagined? 

I'd love to hear your story...

9 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, you lucky girl to have the daffodils blooming again. As for where I am in my life, yes I am happy, and quite content. I love being creative, as I have a room completely dedicated to my various crafts: quilting, painting, rubber stamping, knitting, crocheting, photography, ack!! And my horse where I can see him from inside the house. I am so blessed. I can her coyotes howling at the present time too, which lets you know I live in the country. I see beautiful sunrises and sunsets. My honey and my dog are with me too. I feel truly blessed, and I have an original Amy Duncan hanging in my art room!! Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emilou - your creative space sounds great - and I can tell it feeds your soul...

      Delete
  2. Oops, should be hear the coyotes, not her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful surprise to find the daffodils blooming in the pots! I love your display, that pop of yellow looks fabulous on the table!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,
    For the last two years, I have been shopping on Etsy and fantasizing about opening a shop. I knew I didn't have the tech skills to do it alone. One day after an art class, I mentioned to the instructor my dream. In the back of the room, her assistant sat quietly listening. She said...I will help you open a shop! I love how things...right place right time happen! It took us a while to start things rolling. She was amazing I areas where I needed someone to be amazing. One thing lead to another and I can't tell you how invigorating, terrific and stimulating it has all been. From there...a new blog, a pinterest and Facebook page. It's all still baby steps but that's cool.mim good at plent of things that I don't have to know how to do all. When we are vulnerable and lean on others, there is always someone ...the perfect someone, that will help us. It's funny...we always love to help others but are reluctant to ASK for help for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - it is amazing that people often show up at the times we need them...yes, its baby steps...but you are moving forward!

      And for those of you reading this...you need to check out her etsy shop - https://www.etsy.com/shop/hastypearl
      wonderful work!

      Delete
  5. Those daffodils are gorgeous, love the jar you put them in and the arrangement. Lovely little space you have created there and I love your chalkboard quote. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are Hallelujah moments for sure! And, I'm happy you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails