2.06.2010

A simple valentine

Here's a quick idea for a simple valentine - it doesn't use any fancy papers, special art materials or require any advanced technique.
The hearts on this valentine were created by dipping the heart stamp into a saucer of bleach and then stamping on colored paper.  I used a stamp that I chiseled out of a gum eraser, but carving out a heart from a potato works just as well.  The colored scraps of paper were from packaging materials  - paper from junk mail (including the insides of envelopes) is another source of interesting paper options.  A definition of "love" torn from an old dictionary completes the sentiment.

Proof positive that what speaks from the heart is the most important creative component.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I also like how you give loose instructions, making this project seem very do-able. And I like how it uses around the house items. So easy, but so nice.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails