12.10.2014

Art makes a wonderful gift!

Stuck on an idea for a holiday gift  Looking for something unique and inspirational?
I have the answer - give art!

I have three suggestions here for you - check them out...

#1 - Inspirational Quotes Illustrated by Lesley Riley is a wonderful compilation of quotes 
paired with a piece of art created by over 100 artists...


























one of which happens to be me...I can now share my page since the book has hit the stands...





Each page is perforated so that you can remove the pages and post them wherever you need a shot of inspiration...

You can order the book from North Light Shop or on Amazon.

and if you want a little inspiration on your computer screen...my image (along with three other artist's creations from the book) is available as a downloadable wallpaper...a little bonus gift from the publisher... click here for the link...








#2 - 5 x 5 Series curated by Seth Apter is an exhibit that grew out of his book, The Pulse of Mixed Media.  Artists could submit an artistic interpretation of three different questions related to creating art and finding inspiration.  All of those submissions are now on display at The Empty Spaces Project, a gallery in Putnam, CT...
if you are in the area, I urge you to stop by. Click here for the link that describes the exhibit...


But if you are not nearby, you can still enjoy the gallery show...and own a piece (or give as a gift) yourself.  All of the compositions are for sale...and all at a reasonable price...especially considering that it is original art...from some of the best known names in mixed-media collage work...You can view the entire collection and make your purchases on Seth Apter's site - click here

And yes, I have two pieces in this show...
such an honor...








#3 - Mounted Petite Prints
I have a few of my Mounted Petite Prints available in my etsy shop.  These digital prints, mounted on painted salvaged wood and finished with a wax coating, are ready to hang...and ready to give as a gift...or keep for yourself...click here for the details...


























Hope that gives you a few ideas for gift giving...now I just need to finish up a few projects myself and then its on to gift wrapping...one of my favorite parts of the holiday...I'll have some ideas to share about that next week...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails